• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about a Bushnell Scope

Blackrifle1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Hi, I'm looking at the Busnhell 1-8x30 for one of my AR15's. Everything I shoot is MIL/MIL. This scope confuses me a little because the scope elevation/windage says (on Bushnell's website) the scope has 160 MOA / 14.5 MIL amount of adjustments, BUT the turrets are in CM. The reticle has no BDC or really no "hashmarks" either with capped turrets. I'm assuming this is a hunting scope? It does have ED Prime glass for a really good price.

HOW DO you use CM adjustments with MOA/MIL? Very confusing. Link to the product: https://www.bushnell.com/bushnell/f...inated-german-no.-4-reticle/BU-RF1830BS9.html

Does it really matter? 1 MIL is 1 MIl whether it’s cm, inches, feet, meters, or yards

Does it really matter? 1 MIL is 1 MIl whether it’s cm, inches, feet, meters, or yards
I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking. If when you turn the elevation / windage turret 1 click -how many CM's is that and how does that relate to a MIL adjustment? If you don't mind, please explain, I'd really appreciate it. I have tried calling Bushnell a few times (other items) and no reply from them at all.

I think they were just saying how much internal travel the scope has... and they messed up because 160moa is not 14.5 mil.

I think they were just saying how much internal travel the scope has... and they messed up because 160moa is not 14.5 mil.
ok, thank you for your replies....just trying to wrap my head around this. Im I still a little confused here. Remember when you could buy a scope with a MOA retile and had MIL turrets? Obviously this was confusing and majority of companies got smart and made MOA/MOA and MIL/MIL.

Am I correct to assume that the scope is silimlar to above? CM turrets with MOA/MIL adjustments?

I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking. If when you turn the elevation / windage turret 1 click -how many CM's is that and how does that relate to a MIL adjustment? If you don't mind, please explain, I'd really appreciate it. I have tried calling Bushnell a few times (other items) and no reply from them at all.
I mean 1 mil at 100 yds is 9.144 CM so at a 1000 it’s 10x that. But does it really matter? All that matters is if you dial 1 mil is it actually 1 mil or is it something different? The drop or movement is irrelevant

It's from their euro line, 1 cm at 100 m is 0.1 mil/MRAD. It's basically a mil/MRAD turret labelled in linear units of cm at 100 m. Weird, but I guess common in eurolannd.

Edit: yes, it's a eurolannd hunting reticle (basically German #4) which I believe is pretty common for closer range hunting. There is at least one three discussing this and higher magnification euro Forges with input from the Bushnell guy.

Reactions: Mongoose67
ok guys, thank you for replying. Was trying to understand the whole "CM" part of it. I did notice it's Euro based. Can you please link the thread? I'd love to chat with the Bushnell guy since they dont answer the phone and reply to emails

Rather than another edit, my thought was this is an odd-ball scope with a reticle with no hold marks and capped turrets so dialing isn't straightforward. This would be a great option (at least for me) with an exposed elevation turret or a graduated reticle.

Rather than another edit, my thought was this is an odd-ball scope with a reticle with no hold marks and capped turrets so dialing isn't straightforward. This would be a great option (at least for me) with an exposed elevation turret or a graduated reticle.
I couldn't agree more! I was thinking of buying because the price is so good, with ED Prime glass and 1-8 power. I prefer uncapped turrets, was just thinking of leaving the turret caps off.