• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question about a scope that's been "refurbed"

xk319

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2009
It's a Mark 4 3.5-10x40 LRT. I was told by the vendor that it's marked down because it has been refurbed by Leupold. They said it was returned by a customer and....

"sent for visual inspection and reworked the erector system and a complete internatl inspection"

....by Leupold, then returned to the vendor and put back into stock. Customer took another Mk 4 in it's place while all the refurbing was going on.

So, my question is this, since this scope has been looked at twice (production and refurb) would it have less of a chance of having problems than another Mk4 that's never had a second look over? I.e. a Mk4 that's never been sent back and is brand new on the shelf never opened?

It seems like it would have less of a chance of having something wrong with it. Am I thinking incorrectly here? I'm assuming a scope that comes in for repair that has never been used would be gone over with a microscope to fix the problem and to make sure no more problems are present before it's shipped back out...more so than a regular production scope.

Re: Question about a scope that's been "refurbed"

With Leupy your questions are academic. They will fix anything, anywhere, anytime if it goes wrong. Assuming that is there was no warranty limiting language that came with the scope.