• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes question about a SWFA warranty

tango6

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2009
IL
If I buy a SS 5-20 from my friend is it still under warranty if something happens to it? also does painting it void the warranty?

Re: question about a SWFA warranty

Iv'e bought several scopes from SWFA, and returned a couple for various reasons and have never had an issue with them. They have always been vary pleasant to deal with. Although I have never needed to send a scope back to them for warranty I have read here good things also about that...

Thanks for the responses, but I dont think I am going to buy my friends, he was going to sell me a 5-20 illum for 1100. and he sent me pics and there are marks on the glass. and a brand new non illum is around the same price right now. I will post pics is there a way to buff the marks out.

With the coupon code the non illuminated is cheaper than what your friend was asking. Comes to around $1050 after $200 off. I'm holding out for the 10,000 like deal, but if it doesn't reach it by the time the $200 off deal expires I'll use that one.

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

He is telling me the spot is just dust and the glass is not scratched. I wont be able to look at it in person for a while.