• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about Aero Builders Kit M5E1

Sutherlandsd

Bears. Beets. BattleStar Galactica.
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2013
NE TN
I am considering rebuilding a Palmetto AR10 (and using the PSA for an old DPMS SASS barrel that is a great shooter for a truck rifle). I already have a Gen1 Magpul PRS (that I will need to get the AR10 cheek rest for), I have a Geisselle National Match trigger and a Lothar Walther 308 match barrel with a bolt matched by Lothar Walther. I want to use the LW barrel and get another upper and build up a 6.5 creed also at some point. My question is this... is the M5E1 builders kit going to be the best most cost effective way to go about this and second is this legit...

I assume this is a blem has anyone ordered one of these and have any feedback?

Haven't ordered that one but i ordered some other stuff from schuyler and they were great. Also know a few people that have ordered blem Aero kits and had to look hard to find the blemishes... not saying ALL of them are that way... i have an FDE m5e1 builder set and love it.. fit is great between receivers and i like how the free float rail mates up to the upper.

i bought an aero blem rail directly from aero and couldn't find any blemishes.

I've bought quite a bit of Aero Precision stuff, all of it from Schuyler and Granite Ridge. Both have great pricing and are GTG.

Rattle can tells no tale haha. You won’t beat that for the price. Aero will only sells blems that are imperfect with regards to finish coating. They won’t sell products where fitment is the blemish. For that price you can’t beat it.

I’ve built severs ARs on both the M5 and M4 sets. I generally get mine from another vendor such as Arm or Ally or PA because they have better sales, usually.

But yes, for the quality, you can’t beat the price IMO. I lapped my upper, torqued down a Ballistic Advantage barrel and was shooting around .5-.75 MOA with factory Hornady the same day.

OP,

One thing to keep in mind with the M5E1 is you’ll be stuck with proprietary hand guards.

Not that it’s a bad thing.

I just got my blem M4E1 lower in, the cerakote is perfect but there's a tiny ding near the safety engraving, only superficial and took me a few minutes to find. Their blems are a great deal.

When I as thinking about a large frame build, I was between Aero and Guntec. I haven't heard much about the latter, but the prices are good and they offer very lightweight handguard in a variety of cerakote colors, and I don't like FA's on my uppers. Just one option to check out and do your due diligence.