• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about competition

danatkins

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
So I know quite a few that do long rifle competition reload do most prs type matches allow you to collect your brass after a stage?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

If possible yes.
Most RO's will try to allow policing of the brass.
Sometimes it's at the end of the day when they bring it all back to go through.

R

The real truth is something in between. In local and smaller matches, I usually head home with most of my brass. When at larger matches, I am lucky to head home with 50% of my brass. And I try to pay attention and be there when brass is thrown on the table at the end of the day. And I try to pick up my brass right after shooting a stage, when possible. But there are often so many stages with movement and barricades like rocks and things where policing my brass is not possible after shooting the stage.

I see people post up all the time that they end up with 95% of their brass on average and just do not know how they accomplish that without catching it as it is ejected (not very practical or realistic for these matches).

I will usually help others in the squad to police the brass, and they usually reciprocate.I end up missing a few pieces at the end of the day though. If Im using the Lapua brass, I mark the cases in a unique way so its easy to pick out of the pile at the end of a stage, it definitely helps me get as much back as possible.