• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about CZ 452/453 rails

FoxtrotBravo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2010
Texas
I am looking at possibly buying a CZ 452 or 453. (Still researching rimfires.) I really don't get how the rail stuff works on the rimfires. I see different sizes of rails listed and even different sizes for different models of 452/453 rifles. Sizes like 3/8, 0.5, and 11mm.

I'm new to the target rimfire way of doing things and would appreciate an explanation.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Question about CZ 452/453 rails

The rails that are fitted to the CZ rimfire recievers are of different widths depending on the model of rifle you buy. The varmint has a different width rail than the American. So for a rail adapter you need to know the width of the supplied rail...I believe.

Hello folks,

The CZ-452/453 American .22lr has a 3/8" dovetail.

The CZ-452/453 Varmint .22 lr has an 11mm dovetail.

The dovetail machined into the receiver allows scope rings to be clamped straight on. A quality set of airgun rings will do the job without any issues whatsoever.

Very true, that would be a good way to utilise any spare picatinny rings etc.

Just checked mine and its not actually drilled and tapped for a rail, I think that's standard for CZ's in the UK hence the use of airgun or similar rings directly onto the dovetail.

I recently installed a Picatinny Rail from D.I Productions Inc.. My CZ 453 American came with the 3/8" dovetail. The rail I received fit like a glove. In fact I had to tap it into place with a little hammer and then secure it with the set screws. Works like a dream!

Thanks for all the replies! It has cleared up my questions about the CZs.