• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about firarm import from Canada

AmazingDrChen

Private
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2023
Canada
Hey guys

Need some help here. I'm currently living in Canada, and due to some personal issue I'm going to move to US next year, so I'm wondering if I can import my C14 timberwolf to US. I had go through some website of ATF and I been noticed that only “sporting firearm” can be imported into US and the “Surplus Military Firearms” cannot. I have some problem to understand how a firearm can be categories into a “Surplus Military Firearms” or “Sporting Firearm”, Canadian military and LE definitely have some C14 right now but I got my gun from civilian market, should it be a "surplus military firearm" or a "sporting firearm"?

I would talk to I Run Guns and Prophet River Firearms to find out the nuances of what you are trying to do.

Are you a us Citizen?

Well, if you’re not a citizen, it’s difficult to just up and move to the US. Do you plan to work in the US?

No, is that matter? I wanna hire the import/export company to do that, and send to my us Citizen friend I think.

You don't have to be a US Citizen to buy/own guns in the US. But you do need to be a resident (there are some exceptions).

Are you going to become a resident of the US?

The exceptions are, residence, a valid visa, and a valid hunting license. There are others, but those are the easiest to attain. And you need all 3.
Just read the 4473 for the rest.

Reactions: kthomas