• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Question about Glock customization.

Hey Hey,

So I am in the market for a Glock 22. Here is my issue.

1> I want the Gen 4 RTF model with the better grip style.
2> I also want a ported bbl and slide like the Gen 3 G22c.
3> I also want the OD Green color scheme as is on their Gen 3 offering i believe.
4> I also wouldnt mind having a threaded bbl with an Operator too.

So to achieve all this I was wondering if anyone knows of a company that can port a Glock bbl and/or slide? and possibly one that can grind some threading into the bbl too.

Would all that work done to the bbl severely weaken it from a structural integrity standpoint?

I know this is a monstrous task to undertake so any other ideas would be appreciated!

Sincerely,

- <span style="font-style: italic">Crazy A$$</span> VT308

Re: Question about Glock customization.

Look at Top Glock, Aero tek, Rock your Glock, all have different things to customize your Glock and pimp your ride.

You are in Atlanta ...... give John Nagel at SJC customs a call ... he is the pistol smith that builds all the Glock guns for Glock shooters.

You can't use the factory barrel if you want it threaded. It would be to short. Why not just build what you want from Lone Wolf? You could get everything you need there.

Damn that Salient arms Glock is all done up! I wonder what they do that makes it worth 2400 USD after you provide your own gun.

Glocks are easy to work on and any part you want is out there.That said Salient Arms could do nothing thats worth what they want for their weapons. Really a stock glock is hard to beat a trigger job and a threaded barrel with a sight upgrade will run you aprox $400 spend the rest on ammo while you wait for your supressor.
Scot

1. be sure you like that grip style - rent a gen 3 and gen 4
2. prepare to wait for gen 4 ported to come out! good luck with that one!. Or buy an extended ported barrel from Lone wolf dist or storm lake or kkm. All those barresl will work in the gen4

3. your SOL here and prepare to pay up for od glocks. Next best thing would be to have someone paint it for you. duracoat cerakote whatever

4. lone wolf distribotors storm lake or kkm.

Im still trying to figure out why get a threaded ported barrel for a suppressor ... kinda defeats the purpose

I have sent 2 Glocks to Glockworx and the do awesome work and the turn around time is twice as fast as Lone Wolf. Glockworx pricing is lower than most also. Highly recommend them!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im still trying to figure out why get a threaded ported barrel for a suppressor ... kinda defeats the purpose </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DonniePD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im still trying to figure out why get a threaded ported barrel for a suppressor ... kinda defeats the purpose </div></div>

+1 </div></div>
I don't think he knew what he was talking about on that one. You get a gun ported or you get a suppressor you don't do both. You could run two barrels though and switch out easy enough.

Magnaport, or other companies that work on firearms & have EDM machining capability can port both the barrel & the slide.