• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Question about glock decal grips

phillipjr

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2012
Harrodsburg, KY
I just bought a glock 21sf and ordered decals grips for it. I ordered the decal grips for the regular frame g21 and not the 21sf. Will I be able to make them work for my sf?

I would think most of the modifications making the difference between the 21, and 21SF is in the back strap. However, if there is a minor difference between the grip panels, some trimming with scissors, or tin snips should fix the new decals to work just fine.

decal grips suck...IMO of course. get some talon

I would think most of the modifications making the difference between the 21, and 21SF is in the back strap. However, if there is a minor difference between the grip panels, some trimming with scissors, or tin snips should fix the new decals to work just fine.

I got them in and they fit good. I didnt have to cut anything.

decal grips suck...IMO of course. get some talon

What's the difference?

Both are stick on grips. The Talon grip is a larger wrap around grip that covers parts of the front and rear of the grip area in addition to the side panels.

You should be able to trim/cut the decals however they need to be. I rocked them for a while, but they're a PITA when you're carrying under your shirt, they tear up the fabric. See how they go, you might consider some light stippling.

I like stippled Glocks as they provide a very aggressive grip. The only downside is when you carry under your shirt, they'll shred it as efficiently as an office paper shredder. I imaging the decal grips will have a similar effect.

A non-aggressive stippling job would be best I think. I did one a little too aggressive on my CCW Glock and it tore up my side and would make my shirt ride up. Several times I have sanded it down a little to smooth it out. Just use a fine tip on the soldering iron and take your time.