• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about Hornady dies for .308

BIPMaster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2010
Arkansas
I have a set of Hornady Custom Grade dies, and in regards to the F/L die, does it bump the shoulder back? I have used up my google-fu trying to find the answer. The reason I ask is because some of the Hornady dies specifically say they bump the shoulder back while the literature on this particular die is mute on the subject. Thanks in advance.

Re: Question about Hornady dies for .308

All standard F/L dies bump the shoulder. All standard Neck only dies don't touch the body or shoulder. If you have a standard F/L set, it will bump the shoulder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FLIGHT762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All standard F/L dies bump the shoulder. All standard Neck only dies don't touch the body or shoulder. If you have a standard F/L set, it will bump the shoulder.

</div></div>

Thanks. I thought this was the case, but wanted to double check.

Ive got both sets of custom 308 dies, FL & NS only, as far as I know they bump the shoulder back.