• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question about Horus reticle

SuddenDeath

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2010
Hartford, Ky.
I just got a Horus scope, if I was to use a 10 or 20 MOA base would that change how the Horus reticle is calabrated, or do I need to use a flat base ? Thanks for any and all help.
XXIV

Re: Question about Horus reticle

No sir , the Horus reticle is just like any mil. based reticle.

If the elevation turret allows you to zero at the first line with the canted base, everything is good to go.

Infact using a canted base really only helps if you are dialing for elevation, which is contrary to the idea of the Horus scopes.

Re: Question about Horus reticle

I use a USO SN3 TPAL 5-25x58 with a Horus H37 retical in an Accuracy International 18moa sloped base, and works just fine. With the USO I can use the knobs or just the reticle (which is the norm for me).

But as wirehand mentions, if you have one of the Horus scopes without the external adjustments, then there's not much point in using a sloped base.