• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Question about Jewell triggers in AICS

bruce3

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2009
Anyone know if a AICS 2.0 stock would need to be modified to accommodate a Jewell trigger with safety? I plan to drop a 700 sps into the AICS with along with a Jewell trigger. Thanks!

Re: Question about Jewell triggers in AICS

I had to modify my chassis to get my Jewell to fit. The safety lever hits the side of the inlet.

Same here. Had to file down the side of the stock to get the safety to smoothly engage. Not a lot had to be removed. Took about five minutes.

Greg

I had to modify my AICS 1.5 LA to accept a Jewell trigger, but that was over two years ago. I understand that AI has since changed the safety mortise on the AICS to accept the Jewell trigger, so I guess the answer is yes and no depending on how old your AICS is. Best to check with them directly. Perhaps Stacey Blankenship might see this and provide you with a more exact answer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCHK91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same here. Had to file down the side of the stock to get the safety to smoothly engage. Not a lot had to be removed. Took about five minutes.

Greg </div></div>

When did you buy your stock?

I put an AICS 1.5 on my Rem 700 5R about 5 months ago and had to file down the inlet, I had the same issue as glock24, the safety lever would not fit without me spending some quality time with a vice and a file. But all in all didnt take too long to get it done.

Does the stock rem 700 X-mark pro trigger with safety fit in the AICS without modification?

The stocks need modified to work with the Jewell. One can do this by hand but it's better in a mill. One can remove just a little to get the action to drop in but in reality it will still be binding or the barreled action is not sitting correctly.

The below pic was done on a mill and is the bare minimum that needed to be removed to allow the Jewell with side safety to move freely.

Trigger3.jpg

Or get a bottom safety Jewell trigger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I filed the rivet on the trigger. </div></div>

The rivets are only part of the problem. The front of the safety control arms will hit the stock in several places.

Is there a consensus that the current AICS doesn't accomodate a Jewell trigger without modification?