• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about Manners stocks with the MCS

Wayfaerer320

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
PA
I'll get straight to my questions here...

1. If I pick up a Remington 700 AAC-SD in .308 - Can I simply drop the action into a Manners stock that is fitted with the MCS? Is that how it works? All you do is drop the action right into the stock and that's the end of it? Or is there some gunsmithing or additional work required?

2. If I decide to get a Manners stock with MCS profiled for the Varmint barrel that the AAC R700 comes with, what happens if I decide to re-barrel later on to something heavier like an M40 or M24 profile? Will I have to buy another type of stock to fit that new heavier barrel type? Or will my Manners MCS Varmint profiled stock still work for the new heavier profile? Or if you have to modify it, can it be modified easily?

Sorry for so many questions - I'm still just a little unsure of how the whole Mini Chassis System works for Manners stocks.

R700:
69321.jpg

Manners stock with MCS (this is the specific model I'm looking at):

MCS-T4A-DBM.jpg

A1: Theoretically it should just drop in.

A2: You could order it with a larger barrel channel (MTU) from the get go, if you can live with the larger gap with a thinner barrel. Won't hurt nothing other an your style points.

It is very simple to open up the barrel channel if you decide to go heavier later on. I did mine with some sandpaper and a set of deep well sockets. Just wrap the sandpaper around the socket that is close to what you want and get to sanding. Took me about 20 min to get it just right going slow and checking along the way. The action should drop right in no problem. Follow the torque specs for the action bolts and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
I have a short and long action T5a with the mini-chassis and both barreled actions dropped in without any issue.
My short action was inleted for a sendero contour and I have plans to go to a M24 on my next barrel.
I plan to just send the rifle to my smith and have it opened up when the time comes.
My vote would be to have the barrel channel opened up to an M24 contour. The extra space won't look out of place.