• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about my R700 cdl

Campt413

Somebody
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2019
Upstate SC
So I recently bought this Remington 700 CDL in 7mm mag, but whenever I Google it i see the Stainless Fluted (SF) version.

Mine is stainless, but it does not have the flutes down the barrel?

It also seems to have alittle bit heavier of a profile barrel than my other hunting rifles, but that might just be because it is a 7mm mag? The barrel looks stock to me.

I'm wanting to buy a manners stock for it, and I'm trying to figure out the best barrel contour option to choose for the stock.

Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on this since I can't figure out what to put into Google to learn more.

Attachments

• IMG_20200705_102745844.jpg
    IMG_20200705_102745844.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 61
So I recently bought this Remington 700 CDL in 7mm mag, but whenever I Google it i see the Stainless Fluted (SF) version.

Mine is stainless, but it does not have the flutes down the barrel?

It also seems to have alittle bit heavier of a profile barrel than my other hunting rifles, but that might just be because it is a 7mm mag? The barrel looks stock to me.

I'm wanting to buy a manners stock for it, and I'm trying to figure out the best barrel contour option to choose for the stock.

Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on this since I can't figure out what to put into Google to learn more.

Remington Varmint Barrel Contour from what I can see from your picture posted...

Hope that helps Johnny...

Mike R.

Some refer to that barrel contour as a sendero. I guess it’s because the sendero models all have that barrel contour but so do the various Remington varmints. I just looked and Manners referred to it as the Remington factory sendero/varmint. Good luck and happy shooting

Reactions: Campt413
The CDL would have Mag Sporter contour barrel, not a varmint. It’s a step above the BDL line, but is just a standard hunting rifle.

Bartlein will show the measurements as they offer a Remington Mag Sporter contour.

Reactions: USNavy06 and LJT88
☝🏼☝🏼 This is correct. Mag. Sporter
It is and it isn’t correct. The OP asked about the barrel contour as it relates to a Manners Stock he’s wanting to purchase. If you go to the Manners website they have what they refer to as a “stock builder” Where you choose the different options for the stock you want them to build for your barreled action. The option for which specific barrel inlet he wants has 2 possible choices for him to choose from since he has a factory Remington 700 barreled action. The first is “Remington factory BDL hunting barrel” and the second possibility to choose from is “Remington factory sendero/varmint”. Therefore referring to it as a “Mag Sporter” as both of you guys suggested, although technically correct, isn’t an available choice. Since we know he’s gotta CDL it can’t be the “Remington Factory BDL Hunter barrel” that leaves one possibility the “Remington factory Sendero/Varmint”.
Obviously you guys have never had a Manners stock made for your rifle. They shouldn’t have a half dozen names for the same barrel contour but they do. We’ve all heard people refer to that same barrel as a “bull or heavy barrel” also. It gets a little confusing with so many names. Google doesn’t have all the answers so every now and then we have to use the Ol’noodle. Hopefully this will help with his purchase of a stock.

that leaves one possibility the “Remington factory Sendero/Varmint ...

Probably the smartest guy in this thread ;) You want a Job at Tac Ops call me :cool:

Mike R.

Reactions: jcmullis2
The mag sporter barrel will look small in a sendero inlet. I would get the BDL sporter and open it up.

I agree it could look spacious. I like a lot of room around the barrel for cooling, I would get the sendero For a hunting contour. Op, plot out the diameter differences and decide what you want.

It is and it isn’t correct. The OP asked about the barrel contour as it relates to a Manners Stock he’s wanting to purchase. If you go to the Manners website they have what they refer to as a “stock builder” Where you choose the different options for the stock you want them to build for your barreled action. The option for which specific barrel inlet he wants has 2 possible choices for him to choose from since he has a factory Remington 700 barreled action. The first is “Remington factory BDL hunting barrel” and the second possibility to choose from is “Remington factory sendero/varmint”. Therefore referring to it as a “Mag Sporter” as both of you guys suggested, although technically correct, isn’t an available choice. Since we know he’s gotta CDL it can’t be the “Remington Factory BDL Hunter barrel” that leaves one possibility the “Remington factory Sendero/Varmint”.
Obviously you guys have never had a Manners stock made for your rifle. They shouldn’t have a half dozen names for the same barrel contour but they do. We’ve all heard people refer to that same barrel as a “bull or heavy barrel” also. It gets a little confusing with so many names. Google doesn’t have all the answers so every now and then we have to use the Ol’noodle. Hopefully this will help with his purchase of a stock.

The best option, as we’re talking ordering a stock from Manners, is the custom inlet option. An option that they have which will get him right on instead of just good enough using provided measurements and description. Worse case scenario is that he may have to open up the channel just a hair due to variances or contact Manners, one which I know from personal experience that they will bend over backwards to correct quickly.

OP, do what you want, but as an excessively open barrel channel with a sporter barrel in a varmint inlet would bother the hell out of me I would use the custom inlet. I would also suggest you contact Manners and inquire into the BDL hunting barrel inlet dimensions as they may have all ready taken the small difference between the sporter and mag sporter into account.

Last edited: