• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question about Nightforce ATAC-R zero stop

EchoDeltaSierra

Slightly above average
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2013
Minnesota
For those with a Nightforce ATAC-R, do you tend to set the clutch for the zero stop at exactly zero, or do you tend to set it in a way allowing 0.3 - 0.5 of hold under? Having used a Steiner T5Xi for quite a few years, that is default and unchangeable to 0.3 mils of hold under.

Thanks.
-ES-

Maybe if you wanted to zero at 100 but a hunting scenario could require a shorter shot.

For PRS, hard zero.

Maybe if you wanted to zero at 100 but a hunting scenario could require a shorter shot.

For PRS, hard zero.

Though with a 100y zero and a 2+ inch bore over, isn’t everything a hold over? Just curious the why behind your comment. Also, thanks in advance.

Me three. I have 4 different ATACR scopes, and I allow myself some “float” with all of them.
I do the same. One on my desert Tech has about a full mil, which is more than enough to easily adjust for barrel switches.

Anything less than a full mil is fine. On my Stryker, I set it somewhere between .5-1 mils low.

Ditto; 1mil lower to allow for any potential need to dial under in the event of a stage that requires a sideways shot (usually about 1mil down, 1 mil right offset for those shots).

Or if I change to different load during practice, I can still find a mechanical zero without shifting turrets.

Reactions: EchoDeltaSierra
I set a hard zero. Hold under for anything <100

Yeah, lots of good options and super easy to change. As I mentioned, I give myself some wiggle room because mine’s on a Desert Tech and I have a bunch of conversion kits.