• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question about scope with RMR setup

tna9001

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2017
Asheville NC
Hey guys, I'm looking at the NF NXS 2.5-10x42 with an RMR to put on an AR. I'm wondering about mounting options particularly mount height for the scope. What are you all running for this kind of setup?

Thank you

1.375 - 1.50 on Badgers. 1.44 - 1.50 on Nightforce. 1.50 is going to be your straight-through height for any nv/thermal devices mounted in front. Anywhere in the height range is going to be fine and what you’re likely already used to. Your RMR will be much higher than that.

Reactions: Bakwa
1.375 - 1.50 on Badgers. 1.44 - 1.50 on Nightforce. 1.50 is going to be your straight-through height for any nv/thermal devices mounted in front. Anywhere in the height range is going to be fine and what you’re likely already used to. Your RMR will be much higher than that.
Great info, thank you.

I have in the past, but not currently. Just T1’s for about the past ten years. Docters/J-points before that. It’s all the same.

Reactions: tna9001
I can not address your application but thought I would share what I have on my SR-25. I have a Leupold Deltapoint Pro mounted on top of a Spuhr mount above the scope.

P8250019.JPG
P8250021.JPG

I don't get along well with dual-plane optics, so gave up on mine but have friends who like them, seen some setups.

I'd definitely look into scope mounts designed for this. DustBun's Spuhr setup is one solid answer. They also have a mount that screws into the side if you like 45° mounting for the mini RDS.
spuhr-mount-with-reflex-sight-mounted-at-45-degrees1.jpg

Almost too strong and big for RDS, but nicely high if you have tall adjustment dials is the Badger rail that attaches to their mount, officially for LRFs
LRF-1.png

Badger's Condition One mount is modular, allows mounting at 45° low off to either side, rear or foreward, and maybe other things, I haven't looked in detail but sort recall a not-angled mount? Here's one mode:
KFd1OibQ__69872.1570293112.png

LaRue also makes one that comes with one piece mount (LT845) and might have some lower-profile options
c6aa093eac199146e9beb319bc2866b7.jpg

Reptillia has one specific to the RMR for their mounts and the Geissele mounts:
100-028-GHOSTED-FOR-SITE.jpg

On my SR-15 I have the ACOG with the RMR built onto it, model TA11-C-100565. It's a little higher than I like and took a bit to get used to it but it works well for my application. Again, I know I am not addressing your needs, just sharing ideas.

I like the Reptillia that @shoobe01 posted, although I would place it on the objective side of the turret. I know it's not his picture. Sooo many options, too little money.

IMG_1066.jpg

I run my RMRs at 12.

I typically mount the magnified optic as low as I can (gas guns) and clear the objective scope cap to rail.

(Nightforce cantilever 30mm at 1.124.)

The RMR has to clear the elevation knob.

That tends to locate the RMR pretty high above the bore (+2.25"). It is conducive to an upright stance, naked eye alignment at distance, and can be pressed into work with NV.

if you only need 10x, have you considered an LVPO?
I agree. The Vortex Gen 3 I posted has a tighter eye box at 10x but the benefits of its speed at 1x is a tradeoff I'm happy with. The RMR is only for critters that pop up un announced if I'm at higher mag.

That's a sweet looking set up.
What do you think of the USO B17? The specs indicate the scope tunnels a lot (3.2-5.5x) is this the case?
Thank you.
I am very happy with the B17. I have the Horus H102 reticle and internal level in it. The glass is very clear and the turrets are crisp and track well. In regards to scope tunneling I haven't paid that much attention to it since I am normally up at >10X magnification. I will check it out tonight when I get it home and respond back.

Reactions: beetroot
That's a sweet looking set up.
What do you think of the USO B17? The specs indicate the scope tunnels a lot (3.2-5.5x) is this the case?
I did not see any tunneling at all from 3.2X to 5.5X all the way to 17X. Zero tunneling. I would be interested to know how that can be considered from the specs so I know what to look for in the future. Hope that helps.

I did not see any tunneling at all from 3.2X to 5.5X all the way to 17X. Zero tunneling. I would be interested to know how that can be considered from the specs so I know what to look for in the future. Hope that helps.
The spec sheet shows quite a wide FOV at 17x but the FOV spec at 3.2x is comparatively narrow.

But if you are saying there is no tunneling then there must be a mistake in the spec sheet.

The spec sheet shows quite a wide FOV at 17x but the FOV spec at 3.2x is comparatively narrow.

But if you are saying there is no tunneling then there must be a mistake in the spec sheet.
I did not even know what scope tunneling was prior to this so I watched a video on it. My B17 reacts the same as the second scope discussed which is why I say it does not tunnel.

I did not even know what scope tunneling was prior to this so I watched a video on it. My B17 reacts the same as the second scope discussed which is why I say it does not tunnel.
Thanks, I guess the spec sheet is wrong then.

I'm running the same Badger mount Tacticaldillhole mentioned for my NXS 2.5-10. Offset SRO in a Arisaka mount underneath.
Ran this same setup in my 5.56 DMR and loved it. Just moved it over to my new large frame rifle (as you can see in this living room pic).
Trying to decide myself if I want to re-replicate this on that 5.56 again or try a long range capable LPVO on it.
57FF40C0-C820-4E30-9B78-21974689A766.jpeg

Reactions: tna9001