• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about SD on Big-Bores

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    Quick discussion question ...

All other things being equal, should I expect SD's to gracefully climb as the size of my bore increases? Context is that the smaller my caliber, the lower the best Standard Deviation I'm getting in my tests ... with my best 6.5-CM SD around 5.5, best 300-WM SD around 8.0, and my best 338-LM SD around 14.6.

Asked differently ... are you guys getting single-digit SD's in big bores that are equivalent to SD's in smaller calibers?

Trying to decide how much more load development work I want to put into my 338-LM.

Quick discussion question ...

All other things being equal, should I expect SD's to gracefully climb as the size of my bore increases? Context is that the smaller my caliber, the lower the best Standard Deviation I'm getting in my tests ... with my best 6.5-CM SD around 5.5, best 300-WM SD around 8.0, and my best 338-LM SD around 14.6.

Asked differently ... are you guys getting single-digit SD's in big bores that are equivalent to SD's in smaller calibers?

Trying to decide how much more load development work I want to put into my 338-LM.

I get the same with my 6 BRA vs. 300 PRC - 4-5ish in my 6 and 6-7ish in my 300. What I don't have is same-brass comparison (yet).