• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about sturdy LR-308 Firing Pins

Danger Fart

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2023
Secret Moon Base
Hey all,

Need some help finding a reliable .308 firing pin. Got a bit of a unique situation due to the build I'm running (I imagine most 308 AR's are though). My firing pin broke with less than 200 rounds through it and I need a replacement I can trust. Was thinking about going to one of those JP full weight BCG's but didn't want something that was built solely for "competition" (heard opinions going both ways but can't determine the truth). Also looking at their high pressure bolt. Wondering if anyone here might have some experience with the JP BCG in combination with the parts I'm running might give a little wisdom? Appreciative of any help, thank you.

System specs:
-BCG + firing pin = AR Stoner, LR-308 enhanced (the one with double ejectors).
-18in faxon gunner profile barrel (rifle length gas)
--> (This barrel is fairly under gassed. I have to keep the gas block set 2 or 3 from fully open to keep it cycling.)
-Riflespeed adjustable gas block
-AERO receiver
-Milspec buffer tube (carbine)
-standard buffer spring + buffer weight
-Ammo = all sorts

If you're looking for just the firing pin, you could ask Midway, it might be a warranty item. If you're wanting to buy one, you have to accurately measure the diameter of the pin hole on the bolt face, there are at least three different sizes. If you're asking for recommendations on bolts or complete BCGs, maybe clarify that it's for a .308 Win. or a 6.5 CM. There are potential issues with the rest of your build list.

Last edited:
Interesting that you had a firing pin break, can you post a photo ?
Or at least tell us where it broke ?
I would buy another firing pin, and give it a try again, yours may have been defective.
Your Stoner AR BCG is most likely a Toolcraft , just re-branded.

FWIW, I have numerous LFAR's and none have broken a firing pin.

Last edited: