• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about Superformance power in 6.5CR

EchoDeltaSierra

Slightly above average
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2013
Minnesota
Morning all. I was out for some cold weather 100m shooting yesterday with a buddy and our 6.5 Creedmoors. There were several things skill things I wanted to coach my buddy through and I wanted to do a bit of cold weather (25 deg F) data gathering. After we finished shooting some basic drills and doing tall target / cant tests, I wanted to run a couple of 15-step ladders over the chronograph. I'm working on a "value load" for fun matches and training using cheaper components than my performance load which is 140 ELDs over H5340 running at ~2800fps.

Load components:
- Nosler brass (properly cared for)
- Hornady 140 HPBTs (they're cheap)
- CCI 250 primers
- Superformance powder ($40/8lbs cheaper than H4350)

So... the Hornady book said 44.7 was "max load" and should push 140s to 2800fps. I made a 15-step ladder and from 42gr - 44.8gr in 0.2gr increments. at 44.8 it measured only 2600fps.

Two questions:
- Has anyone had success with Superformance and if so, what were charges and associated velocities?
- Does anyone have data on temperature sensitivity of Superformance (specifically to compare with H4350)?

I'm trying to determine if I push further down the Superformance path, or abandon this nonsense and just stick with H4350.

Thanks for any thoughts, and have a blessed Christmas.