• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes question about SWFA scope.

leadbullet

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
kitsap WA
I have a couple of the mil/MOA 20 scopes and have no issues with them, my question is: i want to get a couple of their new mil/mil scopes and wonder if the glass is the same or a little better than the mil/MOA models.
Thanx in advance.
cheers.

Re: question about SWFA scope.

The standard scopes with mil adjustments will be the same. The HD models have much better glass. I have not seen the 3-9 so I can't comment there.

I have a 5-20x50HD SS and love it the glass is really good and I would highly recommend it.

Most reports have the glass in the new scopes as being a bit improved. This probably due to improved coatings from the manufacturers. But if you don't have a problem with the one you have, it's a deal just to get the matching knobs!

I picked up two of their new 5-20's last year in the group buy, and they reside on my two TRG's (308, and 7mmo8). I wanted to set them up with matching optics, so I sold my Nightforce to help pay for them.
I have compared the glass to Nightforce, S & B, and Bushnell HDMR. These scopes are right on par.
My biggest problem is the name, when someone asks what scope I am running, I tell them SWFA, I don't dare say Super Sniper, because most people will think of a $300. scope, which it's not. LOL
SScott

thanx for the help guys, I do have a SS 5-20 HD and glass is way better than the 20x mil/MOA
I can live with the old glass quality which isn't that bad but the SS 5-20 spoiled me with the reticule matching turrets, there is no better way , to me anyway.
I'll be ordering a couple 12X Mil/mil.

thanx again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't dare say Super Sniper</div></div>

smile.gif

The glass is worlds better. I had the 16x Super Sniper for years. It served me very well, but the glass left a lot to be desired. I now own the 3-9, 1-4, and 5-20 SS. I have zero complaints about any of them.

I own 2 5-20s and love them both hard to beat value wise imo you get everything a nightforce has for 1000 less.

I don't own any of the old ones but the new fixed 12 has great glass for the money.

J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanx for the help guys, I do have a SS 5-20 HD and glass is way better than the 20x mil/MOA
I can live with the old glass quality which isn't that bad but the SS 5-20 spoiled me with the reticule matching turrets, there is no better way , to me anyway.
I'll be ordering a couple 12X Mil/mil.
thanx again. </div></div>

Did you get them yet?