• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about the Bulletflight app for the iphone

jmichael99

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2011
my rifle is setup, when i click calculate ballistics, i dont understand what Angle is? Hopefully someone can help me out with that.

Thanks

Re: Question about the Bulletflight app for the iphone

Look angle to target. If the target is up hill or down hill and what angle.

Sorry I've only got the base model of the app and I can't see it in there but I would assume its the angle of the rifle when your making the shot ie shooting downhill or uphill?

make sense, would be better if the phone was mounted to the gun to be correct. i got lucky and set it up for 600 yards with the info the app gave and hit the 10 ring lol

then i pressed the GET option and it screwed me all up

edit, i had to adjust "65 clicks" when i first set it up. Then when playing around with the app at home i then added the bullet profile of the 168hpbt SMK and it took it down to "22 clicks"

wtf? this of course is very wrong..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">make sense, would be better if the phone was mounted to the gun to be correct. i got lucky and set it up for 600 yards with the info the app gave and hit the 10 ring lol

then i pressed the GET option and it screwed me all up

edit, i had to adjust "65 clicks" when i first set it up. Then when playing around with the app at home i then added the bullet profile of the 168hpbt SMK and it took it down to "22 clicks"

wtf? this of course is very wrong.. </div></div>

By hitting the GET button it takes the angle your iPhone is being held at and uses it as your angle of fire? A really steep angle of fire could account for the difference you are seeing.

i understand that now. But i dont understand the difference by selecting the bullet im using within the app

It is likely that there may be some value that was overlooked in putting in the info. Or else it's still using the weird angle from GET earlier.