• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about the Huber Concepts Melonite Trigger

MuleyTime

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2008
Utah
Hi guys - Hoping someone can educate me on Huber Concepts triggers.

What is the story around a melonited trigger? Who has one and how can the $410 price tag be justified?

Thanks!!

Ive got one. They were are all the rage here on the hide about 10 years ago. High quality triggers overall. Id recommend you try one out before you buy.

I tried one a few years ago and thought it was awesome, but I see they are now offered in Melonite....why and is it just so they can charge $410?? LOL

Melonite is a surface hardening treatment, so easy to understand why one might want that in a trigger.

$410 is cheap compared to the AI comp trigger which is $555.

Reactions: MuleyTime
Melonite is a surface hardening treatment, so easy to understand why one might want that in a trigger.

$410 is cheap compared to the AI comp trigger which is $555.
Thanks- This is type of feedback I'm looking for. Just trying to justify the cost.....

I've got two triggers from Huber. These are awesome triggers, have ran them in PRS for many years. I started using a lot of bore cleaners and some got into the trigger. Hard lesson learned, I'll take the trigger out of the receiver going forward. However, I sent the trigger back to Huber and expected to pay to fix since I screwed it up. Instead, he called me up, offered to make some modifications to update the trigger since it's 5 years old, sent trigger lube back all on their dime. Superb customer service. Any future builds I'll be using their trigger.

I have since purchased a Huber two stage. So far I really like it and would highly recommend them.

Reactions: psharon78