• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question about transferring scope

raising_arizona

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2006
Arizona
I'm planning on moving my USO SN-3 from my FN SPR to a 700 LTR, which has a Badger one-piece 20 MOA mount. This is probably a stupid question, but can I just undo the rings from the FN base and move it to the 700? Or, should I remove the rings from the scope, attach them to the 700 base and remount the scope?

The rings are Badger as well.

Thx!

Re: Question about transferring scope

If the rail slots line up the same (which they should), then just undo the rings from the base and mount it straight to the 700 rail. And, as long as the rings are high enough for scope/barrel clearance.

Re: Question about transferring scope

Chad,
Thanks for the reply. Just moving the whole unit is what I was hoping would work.

I figure that I want to actually try some marksmanship instead of shooting off of a bipod, and the SPR A2 is sort of a tank for doing that. I guess the whole problem could have been avoided by buying another USO scope.
wink.gif
Unfortunately, the tax man came calling.
cry.gif

Thanks again for the info!