• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about turret clicks/ballistic software.

Pete E

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2004
North Wales, UK
Hi,

I'm laid up at the moment after an illness so to kill time I have been tinkering with some ballistic calculators for my Ipod Touch, specifically using apps from Hawke and iStelok to run figures for my .22LR using Eley Subs..

I am working in all metric units and getting a problem with the come-ups values for elevation clicks

On iStrelok for instance, if I use a 70m zero and ask it to calculate the data for 100m it tell me the following:

MOA: 5.15, Mil:1.5, CM: 15.0. Clicks:20.6

Forgetting the MOA value, the Mil of 1.5 and drop of 15cm is what I would expect, however for clicks, I would expect that to be 15 not 20.6.

When I look at the Settings, and configue the Click values, if I select scope click units Mil (mrad) it defaults to .0727 per click. If I select 1cm/100m it defaults to .727 per click.

I would expect the values to be 0.1 and 1 respectively..Is this a bug or am i missing something?

The obvious answer is to manually alter the default values, which I am happy to do, but I just want to make sure I am not missing something that should be obvious!

Regards,

Peter

(PS I only have very limited net access at the moment on a borrowed laptop, so please forgive me if I don't respond asap)

Re: Question about turret clicks/ballistic software.

Possibly because it knows your zero is 70 meters and it's giving you the click value for adjustments at your zero.

Set the value of your zero to 100m and see if those click values change.

A click on a mil scope is always the same mil value, for example .1 clicks is always .1 mil. However, the measured distance (using US measurements) is roughly .36" at 100 yards, but at 200 yards it's .72". So the measured click value changes depending on what distance your target it at.