• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about using Forster Co-Ax Press priming tool

Keizer09

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2013
Austin, TX
I have another novice question. The Forster press has a priming tool. Is there any problem with using that to prime the case rather than the hand-held priming tools? It seems that the tool on the press is awfully precise, but I am new to reloading.

Thanks for the help!

It's fine, but it will go a lot faster with a dedicated hand-held tool. I have a Forster co-ax, and bought the RCBS tool for priming cases.

John

I leave mine set up for a #3 shellholder and large primers. I'm always doing a small batch of .308's or .280 Rems and it's convenient to have that priming option.

It IS very precise, like most of Forster's designs. It's not the fastest way to prime but it works fine.

I use a Sinclair hand primer for 95% of my rifle ammo. Expensive YES. But after a few years the price shock wears off as it's a joy to use and very well made. I like beautifully made and precise tools anyway.

I use the coax to prime all of my single stage loads. It works well and is very precise.