• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for all...

Depends on the kind of shooting I’m doing.

If I’m hunting, a rangefinder without a doubt.

If I’m shooting a match or at a range that gives known distances to targets, a kestrel.

Reactions: 338dude
Absolutely a kestrel for “shooting” as opposed to “hunting”. Most precision shooting disciplines involve either known distances or allow for sighters. You’ll get way more value from the wind meter and ballistic outputs of a kestrel than you will from knowing exactly how far the target is (but not what to do about it). Of course, the fury HDs with AB gives you everything except the wind meter so, that’s a one stop solution assuming you can make even rough wind estimates on your own.

Reactions: 338dude
I had the kestrel first and got the Fury ABs for hunter style matches wherein I needed the range and ballistic solution in one step, as fast as possible. Now, I think I could live without the Kestrel if I had to choose one but for pure PRS type matches, with known distances, I only ever use the Kestrel. If time is not of the essence, a Kestrel and a stand alone rangefinder will do what the ranging binos do for $$$$ less. They’re both good tools.