• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for anyone running 6BR based case in a Tikka T3

Rifletuner

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2007
Australia
I am currently running a 6XC on a Tikka T3 action for PRS matches. It shoots great, but I would like to go to a milder case when I rebarrel. At this stage I am thinking 6BRX, but I wonder if I will get the velocity I want with this action and a ~26" barrel. I was thinking I may be better off with something a little bigger like the 6GT just to give me a little more capacity to play with. But since I live in Australia, I would probably have to form cases to get quality 6GT brass, at least for the foreseeable future. I can hydro form BRX, but making 6GT from say 6.5x47 brass is a lot more work that I would rather avoid if possible.

Just wanted to get some data from others to see whats happening based on actual data if possible.

This is really a caliber discussion and has little to do with Tikka, just saying...

Not in my experience with other rifles, as I generally find that custom actions will handle pressure better than factory actions. So I dont agree that its purely a caliber discussion. Hence what I am looking for first hand experience with that particular combination before I tool up for it.

Last edited:
Not in my experience with other rifles, as I generally find that custom actions will handle pressure better than factory actions. So I dont agree that its purely a caliber discussion. Hence what I am looking for first hand experience with that particular combination before I tool up for it.
I remember someone having a prs rifle chambered in 22br. Reubinski maybe?

I am the first hand who runs 6dasher in my Tikka. That said, I dont hot rod my rifle to the level that action becomes a factor, no matter in my Tikka or AI rifles, so I'm getting similar velocity in either.

I am the first hand who runs 6dasher in my Tikka. That said, I dont hot rod my rifle to the level that action becomes a factor, no matter in my Tikka or AI rifles, so I'm getting similar velocity in either.

Thanks. Good to know. Are you able to share what sort of velocity and at what barrel length ?