• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for Californian's

Munson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2011
Cypress, TX
I was offered a military transfer out to California and was looking for a little help with their gun laws. Im a Texan and know nothing about how business is done on the left coast. Every magazine i own is normal capacity. All of my AR's are Texas compliant. I have an OBR that should be arriving in a month or so. Could I legally own any of this stuff in Cali? Are there any provisions for non resident military. Or is the only option to pack it up and leave it with family till I get back. Cause if I cant take it out to the range and shoot, its a deal killer for me. And non of this stuff is "pre-ban". Ive asked around out here and didnt get any good answers, even a cop i met out here wasn't even 100% sure. Thanks for the help.

Re: Question for Californian's

I had to check on a similar situation recently, and what I ended up doing was contacting the District Attorney (D.A.) in the region that I would be staying in, and he could fill in the details.

I sent him an email explaining the situation, that I want to be "legal", and that I needed his assistance in determining if I was about to do something wrong.

The D.A. was extremely helpful and laid out the details quickly, accurately, and professionally.

I'd go ahead and contact one or more, especially in your case since you'll have to move those rifles around various jurisdictions, to be on the safe side.

Don't forget to print out and save your emails as well.

Welcome to Commi State!

Just leave your mags at home with the family, and replace the magazine release with bullet button
frown.gif

You will need to replace the magazine with maximum of 10 round capacity so you can buy those here in CA once you get here. They cost more than regular mags too
frown.gif

Good Luck!

There is a form that you can fill out for active military that have residency in another state. You will have to register them as assault weapons.

Ok here you go. Look up vafbgunclub.com. you will have to call our wonderful DOJ 916- 263-4887 and ask for a military package. Before coming to commifornia you must store the weapon in a locked case seperate case and lock from the mags and ammo. No class 3 SBW at all. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your service to my country. Semper fi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ukstur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to Commi State!

Just leave your mags at home with the family, and replace the magazine release with bullet button
frown.gif

You will need to replace the magazine with maximum of 10 round capacity so you can buy those here in CA once you get here. They cost more than regular mags too
frown.gif

Good Luck! </div></div>

What he says
wink.gif

Except for handgun mags, as long as they've been around since the ban. For example Glock 17, 17 rounders. You can have those....

Careful with the BB. There is sb249 in the works and if it passes it will make it illegal to have in commifornia.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ukstur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to Commi State!

frown.gif

frown.gif

Good Luck! </div></div>

It's a little more involved then that. Is the rifle on the named list? If it is then no mater if its featureless or not it its banned.