• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Question for class 3 dealers

Jbail1

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
I am having hell getting information on a few Form 4s; each pending over a year now.

I am a class 3 dealer and have been for 3.5 yrs. Most of my Form 4s have come back in 7-10ish months for the last couple years. However, I have 3 customers who now have cans pending over 13 months. One guy has been waiting 15 months and another is going on 25 months now.

Every time I call ATF NFA branch, I’m told they are “pending background check with FBI.” I have not been able to get in touch with anyone from FBI who is able to give me any info. Obviously, my customers are aggrivated, and unfortunately, I have little to offer them in terms of information. About a month ago, I thought I had a break when one ATF agent realized it was ridiculous for someone to be waiting 2 years and said she would look into it. Said I’d get a call back in a day or two. Well that didn’t happen.

All 3 Form 4’s were filled out properly and CLEO notifications were mailed off immediately. Checks all cashed within a week or so of the forms being mailed off.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did it get resolved? Feel free to PM if you like.

Thanks

You may want to nose around over on ARFCOM, as I recall a good-sized thread about this ‘FBI background check’ status. Seems that a lot of people have been caught up in that.

I have seen this on Reddit as well. The general consensus to get a kick in the arse was to contact your state representative or senator.

Thanks, I’d read the early parts of that thread on ARF last year when it first launched and had since forgotten about it. I’d already suggested to one of the customers that they contact their representative. Will let the others know as well. Would love to know what it is at FBI that randomly holds people up. Thanks folks

The last several I got back were right at 7 months.

My advice based on dealing with federal agencies is to continuously call back, make it a fucking part time job where you show up and do it diligently everyday. If you don't get the answer you need, hang up and call right back. Eventually something happens because they can't make you stop calling, you finally get a supervisor that can make decisions, OR you get a helpful person who goes the extra mile to help you. Gotta call often though to get that last one. Only new employees at these agencies give a fuck, the rest get fed up and quit or stop giving a fuck and just draw a check.

Be grateful it's not the VA or DOD. Been waiting almost a decade on them to unfuck my DD214. Probably ain't gonna happen at this point.

I waited damn near two years for a few forms to come back, but that was right after Obama fucked us with the 41F bullshit.

right after Obama NFATCA fucked us with the 41F bullshit.
FIFY.
To the OP, nothing you can do. The FBI will wait 88 days for a result on a background check. If no results, they reject the form. Then it's on the customer to figure out why it was rejected. To make matters worse, the government shutdown has stopped all form 1 and 4 approvals and severely delaying form 3s.