• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question for Falcon Menance owners

rkgsmith

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2005
maryland
Looking at the 4-14x44 FFP Falcon Menance. My question to owners concerns reticle thickness. Does the reticle get too thick at max power. Will it obscure the target at close range (100 yards). Would I be better served with the 4.5-18x56 with the SFP. Thanks

Re: Question for Falcon Menance owners

i don't think its to big would say it covers less than .5 moa and probably more like .2-.3 moa in my opinion it just right but i dont like skinny reticules anyway adam

It is a FFP. It covers the same at any magnification, thus making it a FFP. Kind of a silly question when you think about it. I am really liking mine, but it is kind of a thick reticle.

Reactions: Bender

Darkarcher is a wise man. thats what i would have said.
and i have no problem shooting/seeing 12gram co2's at 100 at any mag. and if your just shooting paper a sfp would be nice, but if your shooting multiple targets in a short amount of time a ffp is great

Lets think about this for a minute.

The purpose of FFP is so that you can range/hold at any power. If punching eeeety-beeety groups in paper at close range is the goal, then the 4-14xFFP is probably not the optimal choice.

Now having said that, I don't have any problems shooting sub 1" groups at 100 yards with it.

What I would be more worried about is how much of the target it obscures at long range. At over 1K you will still be able to see a man sized target with the reticle over it.

Well, they have two reticles available in it the 4-14. Also will have the 5x25 FFP out soon. And that will have the ML16 and the other mil reticle as well.

Yes, it does get thick.
But you need to determine if that is even a factor for your setup.

For instance, mine is setup on my 10/22 trainer.
The accuracy of this system is 1/2 MOA at best so if the reticule is covering the target and the reticule covers .06 MRAD at 100 yards, then that shot should be a hit.
(The lines are .06 MRAD in thickness.)

.3 MRAD = 1 MOA
1 MOA @ 50 Yards = .5235"
1 MOA @ 100 Yards = 1.047"
1 MOA @ 200 Yards = 2.094"
1 MOA @ 500 Yards = 5.235"
1 MOA @ 1000 Yards = 10.47"