• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for GAP-10 owners

B4forever

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2012
Central Oregon
Hi guys, I'm in the market for a precision semi-auto AR and I've pretty much narrowed my choice down to a GAP-10. Here is my question, what barrel length did you choose and why? I'm also interested in what velocity you guys are seeing with 175gr bullets.

Re: Question for GAP-10 owners

If you are thinking about it I would order now. The wait is 8+ months when I ordered mine back in Nov. Just hope the ban does not kick in before I get mine. When you call to order they will talk with you about what you are looking for and recommend a length. They are very helpful.

Thanks for the advice. I plan to order soon but I just want to make the most educated decision that I can. I'm looking to get 2550fps from a Nosler 175gr custom comp and I want to do it with the shortest possible setup. I'm leaning towards 18".

I went with a 22 inch barrel based on feedback from them. I have no specific round so they recommended a 22 for overall best accuracy with the shortest barrel length. I did a lot of research and talked with people and settled on the GAP 10 as I did not have the time to build one myself, currently OCONUS.

They will take care of you, just right now I would bet they are slammed like everyone else is.

I just placed an order for a GAP 10 and went with an 18" barrel, I have a couple of .308 bolt guns ranging from 20"-24" so I wanted something different. I think I will be able to at least get 2500 fps out of the GAP 10 using 175 SMK FGMM. If this was my only rifle I would go 20-22", my favorite bolt gun has a 22" barrel. Also I was quoted 4-6 months for a build. Good luck with your decision.