• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for Magpul PRS owners.

Bighouse

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2007
Utah
I just got a PRS ar/10 version. The adjustment knobs are very stiff and just about take both hands to turn. I bought one here on the hide used about a year ago and the knobs are smooth and easy to turn.

Just wondering if the stiff knobs are common or did i get a lemon?

Re: Question for Magpul PRS owners.

The way the adjustment knobs are operated leaves a lot of room for them to be tight or hard to adjust.

There's indentations all around the adjustment knob. Unseen to the eye is the pin on the spring keeping it from rotating freely. This pin looks almost exactly like the one used to retain the buffer in the buffer tube.

If the spring is too hard on the pin, it will make it very hard to move the adjustment knob. It will be evident if you can see a small ring around the top of the knob where the pin is contacting and stripping away paint.

Hope this helps!

Re: Question for Magpul PRS owners.

I just installed the AR10 version two nights ago.

The adjustment wheels are easier to turn if you push on them from both sides (in opposing directions of course). It makes it just a little easier. I actually prefer it this way because once the rifle is set for me the wheels will be marked and I won't want them to turn.

Working them through the range a couple times also seems to loosen them up a tiny bit.