• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for the IRA-10 lower owners...

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
So I assembled mine tonight and noticed that the magwell is extremely tight. It will not eject and empty mag without pulling it out. Have any others experienced this?

I have the DPMS compatible lower...

Jason

Re: Question for the IRA-10 lower owners...

I have a "factory" DPMS .308, and even though the mags will drop free on their own, the magwell is a LOT tighter than any AR style, .223 I've ever seen.

Are you using stock, DPMS mags, or C-products mags? I've heard a lot of people having problems with the C-products being out of spec.

They're DPMS mags...

Thanks for the link Later... I'll get it back to them.

I love the lower, they seem like they're gonna prove to be a real stand up company...

You going to send your back for the mag well to be opened up??

I am going to keep mine tight as I do not plan on using it at any pace that I need to drop mags out and load new mag with life or death speed.

I probably will... I don't know if life or death is involved, but I do enjoy shooting CQB matches where fast mag changes are necessary. Although I doubt I'll use this rifle (have a stocker DPMS SASS that fits the bill good for CQB), I'd hate for it to be an issue later if I wanted to use it.