• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for the USMC guys on here.

wjwill

Off road Junkie
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 28, 2007
East KY and Georgia
I just got off the phone with a co-worker that is still down in Venezuela. During our conversation, he briefly bragged about his son that joined the Marines about 6 months ago. He told me his son got assigned a new mos 0321.

I have tried looking for that mos online and have had no luck. Can someone please enlighten me what 0321 is?

Thanks, Wes

Re: Question for the USMC guys on here.

There was a new program instituted a few years ago where the Recon battalions (not Force Recon) would recruit right out of boot camp or something like that. I THINK that anyone with an 03 MOS can request it out of SOI or something. Not too sure how it works exactly but its NOT the SF (Force)Recon that you're talking about but it is a stepping stone.

0321= Recon MOS
He'll still have to go through qual course.
Hope he's a <span style="font-weight: bold">GOOD</span> swimmer,can deal with <span style="color: #FF0000">STRESS </span>

It's not a "new" MOS,,we actually did get a bonus ,,,once.
The unit has gone through a lot of changes,Talega to Los Flores ,then..,becoming LAV Scouts,,deactivation,reactivication,move to Margaritaville......

Well, I never met the young man.. just worked with his father down in Venezuela on a contract for 2 months. But regardless, I am proud of anyone that wears a uniform and I wish the young lad the best.

Wes

6 years ago you were able to take the indoc while in bootcamp. i assume theyre still doing it the same way.