• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for those running R15.

Facemelter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2012
Cincy,Ohio
Decided to shoot some over the chrony today. Was kinda surprised at the low numbers.

Info on the gun.

Stock barrel Remmy 700 308.

20 inch barrel

Winchester brass

CCI 200 primers

44 grains of R15 powder

topped off with 168 grain sierra matchkings.

Im only getting 2400 fps out of this load. I thought it was supposed to be around 2600. Sure would be nice to have the extra feet per second. Anything you see in the load that would show such low fps numbers?

I get 2590 with 43.9 using SMK 175 with a 26" barrel. I have found that RE-15 changes dramatically from lot to lot.

When changing lots, use your chrono and load for a velocity that worked in the past. I have a new lot that I am having to play with to get it up to 2600 again.

As always YMMV. Start low and work your way up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What kind of chrono?

F1.
I know its not the best chono out there,but my Dad bought it for me last year and I had it with me.

My load was consistent around the 2400 mark. The two I remember was 2407 and 2411. I have more written down,but its around the same as those two.