• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question/help re: mounting Arca rail to Manners T

fdavidparker

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2012
Hoping one of the many experts can point me in the right direction. I have a manners T stock and would like to mount an short (4”) Arca rail on the forend primarily for bipod use.

My Manners T has a front stud and a flush cup (Instead of two studs). Locations: the stud is the one near the muzzle, while the flush cup is a few inches closer to the receiver.

So, how would one suggest I deal with the flush cup in mounting the rail?

Secondly, were I to put the gun (GAP bolt gun that prob weighs 14lbs with optic) on a tripod, will a four inch rail mounted forward provide sufficient stability?

Many thanks for reading this.

I'd have to say that a forward mounted rail will not be close enough to the balance point for tripod use.

My MCS-TA has the bipod mount just forward of the mag well. IMO, you're asking for trouble if you mount it to a tripod that far forward. There'd be a lot of stress on the rail.

h0cpBozl.jpg

Reactions: Secant
I'd have to say that a forward mounted rail will not be close enough to the balance point for tripod use.

My MCS-TA has the bipod mount just forward of the mag well. IMO, you're asking for trouble if you mount it to a tripod that far forward. There'd be a lot of stress on the rail.

h0cpBozl.jpg
Thank you. My Manners T does not have the insert unfortunately for that mount. Your comment about stress makes sense to me, so perhaps I just need to mount a full length rail. Was hoping to avoid the weight.

Just put a 12" universal rail on. It will not be too much weight, only 4.1 ounces, and allow you to have the bipod on and then mount to a tripod if needed without having to remove the bipod.

Bringing this topic back to life.

I have a T2A and would like to add a full length ARCA rail to it. The T2 has the step down at the front action screw. So how do you accommodate that gap if the rail's end uses the action screw as the anchor point? Which brand of rail did you use?

Thanks

Bringing this topic back to life.

I have a T2A and would like to add a full length ARCA rail to it. The T2 has the step down at the front action screw. So how do you accommodate that gap if the rail's end uses the action screw as the anchor point? Which brand of rail did you use?

Thanks

Area 419 rail comes with a spacer to place under the rail for the step down if you wanted to use the rail attachment point with the front action screw. Or you can just use all the T nuts as attachment points and not use the front action screw and there is just a little space there.

The guys at Manners are working on a T2 for me that should be ready soon.

It was a while back when we hashed this all out, but if memory serves the solution that we came up with was mounting a full-length (14" rail). But it's mounted in such a way that I'll be able to take it off without unbolting the action. I think they're drilling the hole in the rail out where the action bolt goes through.

Then the stock's also threaded so that I can mount a 4" rail on instead.

In reality I'll probably just leave the full-length rail on, but it's good to have options.

The newer T2s shouldn’t have the space. I have a 14” mounted on my T2A and it’s flat from the front action bolt out. But my T3 has the bump and all I did was mount 4 T nuts on the forend and I can install and remove the rail without touching the front action screw.

The mini chassis with barricade stop has another screw position that the barricade stop attaches to also and that is used for attachment of the arca rail too.

Rob01,

I wasn't considering the gap. I remember talking that over with Floyd, and it wasn't an issue for whatever reason. It's probably what you said. It was several months ago, so I don't remember our conversations very well.

Mine is also a mini-chassis.

I was just trying to give the previous poster an option to have a rail with a small footprint (for a bipod) as well as a rail that can be used with a tripod.

By the way Rob, I'm pretty sure when I was doing my homework that led to the purchase of a Manners stock your posts from the past helped to influence my decision. So thanks! Haha you cost some guy on the internet an extra $1500 :^)

And my gratitude is sincere! I can't wait to get the stock next month.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
Thanks. I will check with Area 419. Need to get on this before the season gets in full swing. I do like the Manners stock very much but after having a full length rail on my chassis rifle I realized how useful the rail is for positioning the bipod and tripod.

You only need 2-4” of arca rail. I would mount a tripod mount right in front of the mag well. Mount a bipod near the tip.

You only need 2-4” of arca rail. I would mount a tripod mount right in front of the mag well. Mount a bipod near the tip.
I have a different opinion. After a season of shooting with a full length rail I found it very beneficial to be able to position the bipod anywhere along the length of the rail depending on the obstacle I'm shooting off of.

Reactions: Rob01
I have a different opinion. After a season of shooting with a full length rail I found it very beneficial to be able to position the bipod anywhere along the length of the rail depending on the obstacle I'm shooting off of.
Well, you definately understand the bipod side of this better than I.

I agree 100%. Having a full rail is definitely the way to go for a match rifle. If a hunting rifle that might be just hooked to a tripod then a short piece would work.

Rob01,

I wasn't considering the gap. I remember talking that over with Floyd, and it wasn't an issue for whatever reason. It's probably what you said. It was several months ago, so I don't remember our conversations very well.

Mine is also a mini-chassis.

I was just trying to give the previous poster an option to have a rail with a small footprint (for a bipod) as well as a rail that can be used with a tripod.

By the way Rob, I'm pretty sure when I was doing my homework that led to the purchase of a Manners stock your posts from the past helped to influence my decision. So thanks! Haha you cost some guy on the internet an extra $1500 :^)

And my gratitude is sincere! I can't wait to get the stock next month.

Once you get it the memory of that $1500 will fall right out of your head and replaced with happiness of a new stock. ;)

Has anyone milled out the filler material on a carbon elite stock and bedded a full length piece of aluminum to mount the arca rail to ? IMO this would make it more stable because the stock I have has no holes in forearm.

Has anyone milled out the filler material on a carbon elite stock and bedded a full length piece of aluminum to mount the arca rail to ? IMO this would make it more stable because the stock I have has no holes in forearm.

That’s way more work than is needed. Put in a few T Nuts and you will be fine and it’s plenty stable.