• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Question / Help

Stalpeth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2012
Metropolis, IL
I am in the process of a build and need an answer. I want to use a Mcmillan M40A1/HTG stock & Badger M4 bottom metal. Do I have to get the stock inletted for a BDL (I have been told if I am going to use an M4 it is the same as a BDL) or can I use one that is cut for a Badger M5? The reason I ask is that I don't want to wait 4 months to get one from Mcmillan. Stockysstocks has the M40A1/HTG's in stock with the Badger M5 inlet and with all the other specs I need (Rem 700, LA, RH, M24 barrel, Forest camo). If this is in the wrong section please move. Thanks

Re: Question / Help

both the M4 and M5 require fitting

From their site..."A solid, heavy duty, one piece steel replacement for the standard Remington aluminum guard. Extra wide and thick in the front and rear tang for increased clamping power.Uses standard socket head cap screws for maximum strength and interchangeability. Minor inletting required"