• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question on 20x Super Sniper

targetterror

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2008
Boston, MA
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find anything via searching.

I'm thinking about getting a Super Sniper for my Savage Mark II (22lr), as reviews have been positive for it. I'll be shooting mainly at 50 yards, and sometimes at 100 yards. I'm tempted to get the 20x, as I really want to be able to do away with a spotting scope so I have less to lug to the range. I've got a cheap Simmons 8-point 3-9x on the rifle now. While I can see the bullet holes at 50 yards in the white, I can't make them out in the black. I will strictly be doing target work, so target acquisition is not a problem.

How is the reticle setup in the Super Sniper scopes? Ie, are the mildots only "mil"dots in the 10x scope, or do the 16 and 20x scopes have different reticles? If not, am I correct that the each dot/spacing of the reticle in the 20x is literally 1/2 the size/spacing of the 10x?

thanks!

Re: Question on 20x Super Sniper

Mildot reticle is the same in all three SS versions.

Get the 16x. I think it's the best choice among the three. 20x is a bit too much power for a fixed scope at such short range, IMO.

I like my 20x.

The cross hair is a bit thick for a 22 and the eye relief is critical from my experience.

I'm using a 20x on a 300 Weatherby and the glass is much better than my 4200 Tactical. I think it is a very, very good choice for the money, but then again you don't really need 20x for 100 yards. 16x or even 10x would be better IMO, I can "usually" see 22 holes at 100 yards with clear glass on 9x, so 16x would definitely allow you to see them.

How is the reticle setup in the Super Sniper scopes? Ie, are the mildots only "mil"dots in the 10x scope, or do the 16 and 20x scopes have different reticles? If not, am I correct that the each dot/spacing of the reticle in the 20x is literally 1/2 the size/spacing of the 10x?

no.......

bro...please complete your profile and pull up a seat.....and utilize the search function.....

I'm putting a 20x on my CZ453 after using a Bushnell 10X Tactical. It should be here tomorrow. I mostly shoot 100+ yards and want more magnification than 10x or 16x so I got the 20x. There's not too many scope options with a lot of elevation adjustment in this price range. My Bushnell got me to 260+ yards, but I had so much fun at 300 yards that I got a 20MOA rail and the SS. This combo should get me to 440 yards with 36gr ammo, and 500 yards with stingers w/o holdover.

Yeah I know, its just a 22lr but its been a lot of fun and I was still doing well at 300 yards with the sun setting and evening breeze. I just can't afford to shoot my centerfires as much as I want so the 22lr gives me plenty of cheap trigger time.

I would be very interested to here a range report on 440 yds. You will deffinatly have to hold for wind. That is serious distance for a 22lr.
Rob