• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Question on a Trijicon ACOG TA648

SouthPawShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2010
Kansas
Does anyone have a Trijicon ACOG TA648 with red chevron and 5.56/ .223 BDC and what are they worth?
I have a Sendero up for sale on another forum and a fella asked me if was interested in trading him for this scope.

Re: Question on a Trijicon ACOG TA648

Ask him for the serial number first!!!! Call Trijicon and make sure it was not sold to the Government. This will save you some headaches. It may be a problem with Trijicon's serial number tracking or their are just a lot of stolen Trijicon's out there; but after finding out the hard way I have called with a few serial numbers that Trijocon is listing as "sold to the government"

Jak, can you give me some more info on what happens if you end up with a "sold to government" model? Thanks

Trijicon informs the Government that someone requested info/ service on the serial numbered ACOG. They pass along your info and that might be the end of it....Or, someone from the Government may show up at your door and kindly ask for their property back, without any compensation of course. I'm still waiting for that guy.

From my first hand experience, nothing like that happens. I own an ACOG that was originally sold to the government. I actually sent Trijicon CS an email with my scopes serial number, asking for more background info on my particular scope. I received an email back stating that my scope was indeed originally sold to the government but that sometimes they can be sold back to civilian use. Maybe as surplus? I don't know.

She said the only problem would be if I sent it in for service. She said the government has the option to take it back if they so choose, leaving me with no recourse.

Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From my first hand experience, nothing like that happens. I own an ACOG that was originally sold to the government. I actually sent Trijicon CS an email with my scopes serial number, asking for more background info on my particular scope. I received an email back stating that my scope was indeed originally sold to the government but that sometimes they can be sold back to civilian use. Maybe as surplus? I don't know.

She said the only problem would be if I sent it in for service. She said the government has the option to take it back if they so choose, leaving me with no recourse.

Hope this helps.</div></div>

I'm really not sure how your experience is much different.

Anyways, the point is check the number with Trijicon to; 1. make sure it is authentic and not a Chinese knock off, and 2. be sure it is not potentially stolen U.S. Government property that you could have confiscated from you at anytime.

I agree. My post was a long-winded way of saying just check with Trijicon. (spending too much time with the wife I guess) Not all scopes originally issued to the government are stolen, they can legally find their way to the civilian market.