• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Question on Area 419 Hellfire Brake Installation

Baron23

Check 6
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    Hi guys - yeah, installing the uni adapter and brake is actually dead simple and the few instructions that Area 419 provides with the product are easy reading and very clear.

All that notwithstanding, I'm sort of wondering if I'm missing something here.

Basically, when the braek is fully tightened on, the last thread on the adapter is still exposed.

And yes, I followed the directions and pushed the brake on to the taper and its very clear when that is done properly. I have removed and installed the brake a few times (well, maybe more than that but hey....an obsession is just something to do, right? haha) and it ends up the exact same each time so I feel confident that its installed properly.

But, I would have thought that since both the brake and the uni adapter are both made by the same company, and they fully control the interface, that it would cover all of the threads and be super clean.

But then it also occurred to me that they don't know what barrel contour (or more to the point, the diameter of the muzzle end of the barrel) they have to mate up with and that perhaps they leave it a bit short so as to preclude hitting the threaded muzzle shoulder on a truck axle type barrel (mine is a Bartlein MTU).

Anybody who runs a Hellfired....does this look like your installation?

1654822021210.jpeg

Last edited:
    But then it also occurred to me that they don't know what barrel contour (or more to the point, the diameter of the muzzle end of the barrel) they have to mate up with and that perhaps they leave it a bit short so as to preclude hitting the threaded muzzle shoulder on a truck axle type barrel (mine is a Bartlein MTU).
    Exactly right.
    Could be bad medicine if my can bottomed out on the straight tube shoulder improperly.

360DDE0B-BF69-4C48-80E5-5A6207E942B9.jpeg

Reactions: Baron23