• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question on ATN

ID-ace

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2009
I have started my Remington 700/.308 build and have an option to purchase an ATN 4-12x60LU Day Time scope for dirt cheep. I am building this over time and was wondering if any of you guys had any input on ATN and quality. I dont need to have the best optics as of now so cost is what has attracted me so far, however I can find little on the net about these guys other then there site. I will eventually be upgrading so I was wanting to throw a little money at it for a temp scope then when I have a better stock I will be purchasing great optics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did a search on the site and it came up empty so if this has been covered anywhere else I apologize and would appreciate a link. Thx again

Re: Question on ATN

Dirt cheap because they are crap optics. There are plenty of optics for the same price that are much better quality.

ATN sucks. Buy a super sniper for a cheap scope. Or for a really cheap scope, a $40 Simmons 22mag would get you by for a while.

-dan

ATN quality is rated somewhere between low and really, really low, IMHO. I've never read a good thing about them, and the few that I've laid my hands on were sub-par. Save your money on these babies and get something more durable and with much better glass. If you're going to have a top notch stick in the end, get a good quality scope to begin with.
Think about this: if you're getting it "dirt cheep" new, that means they didn't have a lot invested in it, and if it's used, the owner doesn't think it's good enough for him any more. Buy quality and you'll cry once.

Ive decided to go ahead and get a super sniper with all I have read on them.

Thanks for your feedback on this