• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question on base mount??

elkstalker338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2010
colorado
While waiting on my PST I was messing with my 20 MOA base, when I tighten just the front screws the rear of the base would lift 10 thousandth of an inch off the recv, instead of bonding the base I put a shimmering under it, question is how many MOA's will this increase the already 20 MOA base

Re: Question on base mount??

Dam smart phones, they aren't so smart, it supposed to be shims not shimmering LOL

Just curious, what brand base do you have? If your base in mounted to the appropriate tension you really shouldn't have that problem. Might be a problem with the QC in the base.

EGW aluminium, was just wondering how much it would change the MOA value of the sloped base

It would raise the base a few MOA, hard to certain how much. My guess would only be a few, 3-5 guessing. If your ok with shimming, and the base has a tight fit with the shim, you should be fine.