• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Question on Bluetooth Speaker for Predator Calling

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    I had another electronic predator caller die on me. So I'm thinking of going with a portable bluetooth speaker that is cheaper and I can use with a predator calling app on an iPhone or iPad.

Yes, I know some of you may use dedicated predator callers but I don't want to invest a lot of money for the darn thing to go bad on me a few years later.

I'm thinking of going with the Sony XB23 which fits my budget.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-srs-xb23-portable-bluetooth-speaker-black/6412174.p?skuId=6412174

Some I'm wondering if anyone else has been using portable bluetooth speakers for predator calling and what your thoughts are. In addition, has anyone had any experience with the aforementioned Sony XB23?

Thanks in advance.

I haven’t used one for predator calling but we always have one going on a job site. Biggest thing I would look for is Bluetooth connectivity distance. Some speakers need to be pretty close to the connection while others can be much farther away. I would also look at a weatherproof option as well.

It’s water resistant and has a good range. I feel like you would be good to go with that. Sound quality now is better than what it used to be. I remember “back in the day” running predator tapes on a tape player and it worked well. Coyotes still came in. Max sound on those is normally pretty good so you will get some distance out of it. Just make sure you turn your phone on airplane mode if you run it off your phone. Somebody calling you could broadcast the ring over the speaker. My one does that. The other just goes silent. It could screw up a yote coming in quick. 😂

BTW. If you use a decoy that could always be out slightly farther. When I used to run my predator calls. They were always close to me as I liked to reduce the sound level once stuff was coming in so they would search for it more.

Reactions: Longshot231
    I have a used icotec call with decoy if you want. $125 shipped. Will work much better than a Bluetooth speaker

My Icotec hasn’t worked out well for me but thanks for the offer.