• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question on Bushnell glass.

crackshot

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2004
Northport, AL
Wanting to see if anyone knows before I call Bushnell tech support. Two scopes are the LRTS Ill 4.5x18x44 and the now called Tac Optics 6-24x50 G2.
Question being are the same glass and coatings used in these two scopes or is the LRTS better in the glass department as I suspect. Looking to get one or the other.
Thanks.

I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure the LRTS line is better glass - but it may not be a HUGE difference. Honestly, I doubt the customer service guys will be able to give you a solid answer, either. The LRTS definitely has better mechanical features (10mil turrets, zero stop) than the Tac Optics.

Unless they changed the old series, they don't, or at least they don't look like it. LRS 3-12 and LRS 6-24 is what you are talking about correct?

I see, with a couple updates and I think they would fair ok in todays lower end budget range. The turrets were decent, and the controls were smooth, glass was ok.

I wouldn't trade my LRTS or LRHS for two of them.

i would suggest trying to go to a Cabella's or what ever store near you that sells them to look through them your self only you can see the quality difference if there is one for you . NO matter what i think of a product you could pick it up and hate it or you could feel differently or the same , but since you would be the one paying for it you need to feel good about your purchase not me .

I have the LRHS 4.5-18x44 FFP and the 6-24x50 ERS G2 FFP, and ERS Mildot FFP sitting here, which I believe are the same ones now called Tac Ops. Both have decent glass, actually really good for $700-$900 scopes. The LRHS has way better turrets and I would asume better internal parts. The 6-24 are built well, see 8541 Tactical youtube review on them. I would not pay the $1200 retail asking price for the Tac Ops. I have a NIB ERS with illuminated mildot reticle I may let go, its just a spare one I never used.

Attachments

• LRHS1.jpg
    LRHS1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 43
  • bush3.jpg
    bush3.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 41
  • bushnell2.jpg
    bushnell2.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 45
  • bushnell3.jpg
    bushnell3.jpg