• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question on Clip-On Night/Thermal Vision and Canted Scopes

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    Some of my rifles have canted scope bases 20-60 MOA. On some I have a combination of canted bases and the Burris Tactical Signature rings with the inserts that will take me to a 60 MOA cant.

I like that much cant because I can get a lot more holdover when dialing for elevation at longer distances. The scopes do not bottom out when zeroed for closer ranges; 50 yards for rimfire and 100 yards for centerfire.

So here is my question regarding the clip-on devices and canted scopes. If I were to purchase a thermal or night vision clip-on to the night vision bridge would the extreme cant affect the operation any?

If so, how would it? Can this problem be mitigated without resorting to a lesser cant? Any recommendations for clip-on devices that might not be affected by the cant from the daylight scopes?

Many thanks in advance.

It depends. I’ve run a cnvd-lr, which is supposed to be one of the pickier units sd far as alignment, in front of a scope in a 1.7” 44moa Spuhr and had the same .1-.2 shift as other less extreme setups. I’ve had a lwts which is a 1.5” centerline optic in front of a nx8 in a 1.93” mount and had no more shifts than shorter mounts. Then there are people that have shift issues.

Reactions: Longshot231