• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Question on Defiance Bolt

Jaywelder82

Private
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 18, 2017
    I picked a defiance deviant SA action and bolt. I run switch barrels and didn’t realize the bolt is a flat face and all my barrels are for recessed bolts. Can I get the flat face bolt machined to recess or order new bolt? What are your thoughts

You can get a new bolt. Defiance can build you another bolt but they will ask you to send the action back so they can test the new bolt in the action. I can’t remember how much I paid for my bolt.

Shotdown,
    Not to worried about the $$$ but biggest question would be lead time. I have had nightmare of lead times

I give them a call today. Thank you for the info

I talked to defiance today - when I placed my order. They do want the action back if you order a new bolt. Cost $350 (unless you do a 3 position safety like mine). Said that turn around time is about 2 weeks.

Reactions: Piper907 and BCX