• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question on gap 10

nolo263

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2005
laredo texas
Ok here goes i recently got a gap 10 in 6.5 creedmore in 22" barrel on a trade. I have some questions on this rifle. First what bolt does george use in this rifle and what coating does it have. I read on here that suppressing this rifle does not help longevity due to being over gassed. When will george release a switchblock for this rifle. Has anyone changed there gas block to a switchblock from someone else?
Thanks
Nolo

Re: Question on gap 10

He hasn't released a switchblock yet. His newest version though is setup to eventually be modified with one. I'm fairly certain you can use a can with it and there's several here already doing so...

I believe it's an Armalite bolt. I was asking about spare parts for mine and that's what I was told.

Just looks like an ordinary bolt to me. In my opinion bolts on an AR platform don't really effect accuracy. The only reason I'd buy one bolt over another is if I thought one would give longer life than the other. This applies more to 223 bolts than 308 bolts, as there are many more options for the former.

I'm a structural engineer that does consulting work for mechanical devices. When I look at the difference between a 223 and 308 bolt it appears the 308 bolt would be much stronger. I understand the 308 is more heavily loaded, but it's me belief that strength/load ratio is better on the 308 bolt.

As far as the bolt coating that you originally asked about, I think it's just a run of the mill phosphate coating.

I installed a PRI adjustable gas block on my GAP 260 which is suppressed. took alittle more than an hour. I had to straighten out the tube some. works fine....first i tried a heavy buffer which slowed down the bolt alot but I was still getting black brass so I deceided to go with the adjustable gas block. Im having a second gap 10 built but this time I sent them the block so they could install it.

To just buy a Switch block from Noveske is possible to run on one with rifle length gas although not ideal, Half the block will be covered but on a mid length gas system the block is completely covered by the handgaurd which would allow you to be able to work the block.

When our Switch blocks come in the tubes will be cut to custom lengths so as to expose the entire block.

Nathan