• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question on how to measure the capacity of the cartridge.

Shrimptempura

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2020
I just joined so I don't know if this thread is right. I'm sorry if I wrote on a thread that doesn't fit.

There is a little confusion about the measurement of th
capacity.png

e capacity of the brass case at the moment. In general, if you say 100% charge, which part of the picture do you mean, number 1 or number 2?
Sitting a bullet in a case causes a slight loss of capacity.
Please tell me which one is correct

I just joined so I don't know if this thread is right. I'm sorry if I wrote on a thread that doesn't fit.

There is a little confusion about the measurement of thView attachment 8188955

e capacity of the brass case at the moment. In general, if you say 100% charge, which part of the picture do you mean, number 1 or number 2?
Sitting a bullet in a case causes a slight loss of capacity.
Please tell me which one is correct
When you're talking about Case Volume, you're referring to your #1. For calculation like QuickLoad app uses, you want to use the Case Volume that the case will have when it fully expands in a chamber and this is why this measurement is to be done on fired case; it's a close proximation given the spring back).

Case Capacity is as you've illustrated in #2 where it's the volume left below a seated bullet. This, of course, will vary depending on seating depth being used. When one says "100% charge" it's a reference to this Case Capacity. When the charge is over 100%, the one is typically referring to a "compressed charge".

Reactions: supercorndogs
Case Volume에 대해 이야기할 때 #1을 언급하는 것입니다. QuickLoad 앱이 사용하는 것과 같은 계산의 경우 케이스가 챔버에서 완전히 팽창할 때 갖게 될 케이스 볼륨을 사용하려고 하므로 이 측정이 소성된 케이스에서 수행되어야 합니다. 스프링 백을 감안할 때 가까운 근접입니다.)

케이스 용량은 #2에서 설명한 대로 앉은 총알 아래에 남아 있는 볼륨입니다. 물론 이것은 사용하는 좌석 깊이에 따라 달라집니다. "100% 충전"이라고 하면 이 케이스 용량에 대한 참조입니다.
So what does charging over 100% mean in load data?
Is that means overpress charging loaded by compressing the powder?

So what does charging over 100% mean in load data?
I don't quite understand this question 🤷‍♂️. "Load data" changes with how much powder you can get into the case.

Is that means overpress charging loaded by compressing the powder?
When you put more than 100% capacity in a case and seat a bullet lower than where that 100% is measured, your compressing the powder inside the case. When you're putting more than 100% into the case, you get more velocity. But powder can only be compressed so far and once the compression reaches its limit (being subject to the amount of neck tension) the bullet can't be seated any further, and the powder can push back to where the bullet won't stay at the intended seating depth.

I don't quite understand this question 🤷‍♂️. "Load data" changes with how much powder you can get into the case.

When you put more than 100% capacity in a case and seat a bullet lower than where that 100% is measured, your compressing the powder inside the case. When you're putting more than 100% into the case, you get more velocity. But powder can only be compressed so far and once the compression reaches its limit (being subject to the amount of neck tension) the bullet can't be seated any further, and the powder can push back to where the bullet won't stay at the intended seating depth.
Part of nosler's load data.
I've been curious about loads that exceed 100% listed here.

Attachments

• 화면 캡처 2023-07-24 085014.png
    화면 캡처 2023-07-24 085014.png
    360.4 KB · Views: 47
You’re asking two questions. Case capacity is #1, commonly. It can be measured in water or powder, but usually water. The media is usually defined somewhere, and it’s is not expressed as a percentage. This capacity is mildly dependent on the trim length and other odd ball factors like water miniscus. Load density is #2. It is a percentage based on the available (under the projectile) weight by volume of that specific powder within the case as tested (usually SAAMI OAL) as compared to the actual powder charge. Brass manufacturer, seating depth, and projectile will change the available volume, and thereby weight, of the combustion chamber.