• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question on Mlok dimensions.

akmike47

Rumpleforeskin King of the Poors
Minuteman
  • Feb 23, 2013
    I had an idea for a part for my rifle, but not sure if it would work. When attaching mlok weights or accessories does the thickness of the mounting surface matter a ton or can you use longer screws if needed? I’m talking adding unknown yet sheet metal thickness not tripling it.

All of my weights come as the exact length required to not hand out the back side of the backing plate.
    You can use longer screws so long they aren’t so long that the impinge on the barrel behind them. So it sorta depends on what you’re doing with it.

All of my weights come as the exact length required to not hand out the back side of the backing plate.
    You can use longer screws so long they aren’t so long that the impinge on the barrel behind them. So it sorta depends on what you’re doing with it.
    Just holding a thin part in place. The mlok nut would sandwich the sheet metal between the inside of the chassis and itself. It wouldn’t hold any extra weight really just anchor it.

The sheet could possibly be thinned where the nut contacts I guess, but I’m no machinist. I’d have to find someone with a metal shop that might let me tinker, or figure out I have a machinist buddy I don’t know about.

Well going from memory I thought it would work, drug that heavy bastard out and I don’t think it will after all, that was short lived. I had an idea for a longer heat shield for my ACC to make it closer to a fully enclosed forend. I think the sheet metal would be too thin to have enough rigidity.

I get mdt did theirs the way it is for a reason, just thought I could have made myself something different

Last edited:
    Your doodle isn't loading

Obviously it would be longer to scale but I didn’t want the doodle 2” tall and 12” wide.

Last edited:
    Reactions: KZP