• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question on nightforce scope

Re: Question on nightforce scope

What do you mean by custom? They will send you a "Blank" elevation turret so that you can have it laser engraved with your own load date's dope.

Kenton Industries will make a custom knob.
www.kentonindustries.com

I have custom windange knobs from them. L and R are marked next to the numbers. .5R 0 .5L .....

Kenton for Nightforce NXS 3.5-15X, calibrated for 7.62 w/175 SMKs:

2mqly6f.jpg

25qakq1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i got one of these for you.....the coin stays.
MVC-015F.jpg
</div></div>

Thats nice Boltripper!! Who lazer engraves the knob for you? I have extra knobs for my Nightforce but I am not sure how to mark it??

Why is my question, your comes will change with changes in AO, lots of powder, and other things.

I think it is easier to adjust for climate and altitude if you have a BDC setup up for a particular round!

A BDC is pointless for distances of 500 yards or less - just memorize your dope, which is, in 100 yard increments, only 4 numbers. Surely everyone can memorize 4 numbers.

Beyond that range, you'll have to pay attention to atmospheric conditions, and if they're different from what the BDC was calculated for, you're going to have to make an adjustment anyway. The BDC does not make that adjustment easier.

I think a BDC is a waste of money. OTOH, the U.S. economy is in a recession. I encourage everyone to waste their money so the economy will recover, and supporting the shooting industry is a fine way to do that.

I'd rather spend my money on ammo or training, though. And will.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is my question, your comes will change with changes in AO, lots of powder, and other things. </div></div>

Hunting,I use a standard load in my rifle for hunting,I am not trying to shoot groups,just a Deer or Elk sized target,lung shot or high shoulder,cold bore,at <750yds.

Cheaper and more precise as you can go to 25 yard increments is to just print it out from JBM, shrink it down on a copier and tape it to the side of the rifle. You can have your wind and movers on there too.
P3040435.jpg

Here is my NF wind knob, by Kenton:

nf-wind.jpg